Sunday, January 27, 2008

Woman's Life

Woman’s life

I am a young maiden
Full of excitement and yearning
Opening my heart to all who come calling
A future bright, so much to learn
I am a maiden forever only adding to life

I am a young mother
Belly growing, infant kicking
Breasts full of milk, suckling babe
I am a mother forever that will not change

Grand mother now, crone I am called
My children are grown, gone from my home
Their children now come to me at my call
In the palms of my hands I offer sweet love
I am a mother forever that will not change

Maiden in youth, mother to be, crone in good time
I am all these you see, all at one time
In me they reside, offering love, adding to life
A maiden untried, a mother so young
Now grandmother to those that I love
I am all of these forever that will not change

No comments: