Sunday, January 3, 2010

Wondering

I was sittin here wondering
I do that quite a bit
Wonder if getting dressed
Is what I could do best?
Or should I just sit here
Contemplating my navel
On this gray overcast day
In sunless Seattle.

You say get yourself up
Put on some fancy duds
For nothing holds ya back
When the rain is drizzling down.
So what’s in your craw?
That’s keeping you down low.

Life is what it is,
You make it what you want
Some days are low
It’s the high ones the best
But even on slow days
There is something to cheer

Life is worth living
No matter where you appear
So get off your ass
That TV show is lax
If nothing presents itself
Go stand in the rain

It’s only just water
Might be cold or warm
But you’ll dry up nice
One you come in by the fire.
Strip yourself naked
Dance and sing with abandon.

You can be happy all by yourself.
That is the truth I guarantee.
Dressed or no, get up off your ass.

©Saroya Poirier 1/3/2010

1 comment:

44 Summer Stories said...

The invite to get nakie is always a motivation...